- Record take-up for the ‘Big Nine’ office markets in 2018 - 10.7 million sq ft, compared to last year’s previous best of 10.1 million sq ft.
- Both city centre and out-of-town activity 30% up on the ten year average.
- City centres were enhanced by significant levels of inward investment during 2018, to occupiers such as Barclays, Booking.com and Amazon.
- Headline rents average over £30 psf, a net effective rent of £26.03 psf; 4.1% up over 12 months and 30% over five years.
- Q4 office investment volumes strongest of 2018, which brings the total for the year to £3.1bn, in trend with the buoyant activity of the past five years.